A first impression is made in the first seven seconds of meeting someone. That first impression includes the way you dress, your posture, the way you make introductions, and the way you communicate. Polite Society’s Social Graces course will revisit some of the basics and show you how to leave the best possible first impression on anyone you meet.
The Social Grace’s course also addresses the topics listed below, and much more, to help you ‘Polish your Potential’.
- Meeting and Greeting
- Social Introductions, Social Kissing, Small Talk, Remembering Names
- Deportment, Posture, and Presence
- Body Language
- Dining Etiquette
- Table Etiquette Fundamentals, Holding Cutlery, and Glasses, Table Settings, Tricky Foods, Speeches and Toasts
- Being a good guest/houseguest, guest lists, menu planning, seating plans, décor, and centerpieces
- Dressing for all Occasions
- Formal, informal, wardrobe management, hats, gloves, colors, hair, nails, and make-up
- Communications and Correspondence
- Letters, Emails, Telephone, Thank You gestures
- Mobile and Social Media
- Public Speaking and Conversational Skills